Teacher and her students

Credential Programs

To teach in the State of California you must first earn a Teaching Credential. Find the information you need to apply  below.

Elementary & Bilingual Education

Our Multiple Subject Credential Program prepares students for a teaching career at the TK-8 grade level. We offer a Multiple Subject Credential, a Multiple Subject Credential with Bilingual Authorization, and a Combined Credential/Masters Program. For more information,  visit our Elementary and Bilingual Education DepartmentOpens in new window .

Secondary Education

Our Single Subject Credential prepares students for a teaching career at the 6th-12th grade level. Specific single-subject areas of study include: Art, English, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Science, World Languages, and Social Studies. For more information,  visit our Secondary Education DepartmentOpens in new window .

Special Education

Education Specialist Credentials prepare students for a teaching career working in the areas of Mild/Moderate Disabilities, Moderate/Severe Disabilities, and Early Childhood Special Education. Students have the option of obtaining the credential after completing a bachelor's degree or through the Integrated Teacher Education Program (ITEP). ITEP is a blended program which allows students to earn both a Bachelor of Science in Child and Adolescent Development and an Education Specialist Credential. The department also offers a clear credential program. For more information, visit our Special Education DepartmentOpens in new window .

Reading Education Specialist Credential

The Reading & Literacy Leadership Specialist Credential prepares students for a teaching career working with classroom teachers to monitor student progress, direct literacy interventions, plan literacy instruction programs and develop and coordinate reading programs at the school, district, or county level. For more information, visit our Literacy & Reading Department.

Teacher Induction Program

The Teacher Induction Program is designed to serve teachers who need to clear their multiple or single subject credential. For more information about the TIP program, please visit Extension & International Programs.

Clear Administrative Services Credential

The Clear Administrative Services Credential (CASC) is specifically designed for recently hired school administrators. The department offers the CASC credential program embedded in the Ed.D. P-12 program.

Preliminary Administrative services credential

The Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (PASC) is for TK-12 setting teaching professionals who possess a California teaching or services credential.  This credential can be taken alone or embedded in the M.S. Educational Administration program.