Vision, Mission, & Values
We aspire to be transformational leaders who advance the readiness of all learners to actively participate in an ever-changing, diverse and digital world.
The College of Education is committed to the preparation and professional development of innovative and transformative educators who advance just, equitable, and inclusive education. As a professional community of scholar-practitioners, we promote creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking as fundamental to student achievement and success in a diverse and interconnected world.
Our Core Values
- We value learning as a lifelong journey that transforms us.
- We value theory, research and the professional literature as guiding the learning process and informing professional practice.
- We value responsibility to self and to the group.
- We value diversity because it enriches the whole.
- We value multiple pathways to learning that includes the use of technology.
- We value critical inquiry and seeking necessary change.
- We value authentic and reflective assessment.