How to Apply for Your Credential
The online credential recommendation application is a two-step process: First, you will need to provide our Credential Preparation Center (CPC) with a completed credential application, a processing fee of $25.00 and all missing documents. Once we receive all required items and the CSUF processing fee, California State University, Fullerton submits the necessary data to recommend you for a credential.
Step 1: Submit an Application, Required Documents, and Fees to the Credential Preparation Center
- A completed credential application - please select the appropriate credential application link below to download the application.
- All required documents - please select the appropriate credential application link below for a list of all required supporting documentation needed for your application. All documents must be official. No unofficial documents or test results are accepted.
Credential APPLICATIONS and document information
- Administrative Services
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Added Authorization
- Bilingual Authorization
- Early Childhood Special Education Added Authorization
- Education Specialist
- Multiple Subject
- Reading and Literacy Added Authorization
- Reading and Literacy Leadership Specialist
- Resource Specialist Added Authorization
- School Nurse
- Single Subject
- Speech Language Pathology Services
California State University, Fullerton charges a $25.00 fee for each credential application processed through our office. Please pay online at the time of submitting your application to the Credential Preparation Center. The link to the payment portal can be found in the application links above.
Please note that the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) fee is not payable at the time your application is submitted to the Credential Preparation Center.
Watch for An Email from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC)
Once the Credential Preparation Center has confirmed that you have met all the credential requirements and submitted your electronic recommendation to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) , you will receive an email from CTC verifying the submission of your application and credential recommendation. Their email will include instructions on how to complete the credential application online and submit your CTC payment.
Step 2: Visit the COMMISSION ON TEACHER CREDENTIALING (CTC)
Website to Complete the process and Pay CTC Fees
C omplete the credential application online and submit your CTC fees:
- Access the CTC website and follow the instructions in the CTC email.
- Make sure your CTC profile includes a valid email address.
- Have either a credit card or debit card to pay the online application fee. CTC charges a $100.00 application fee plus an additional $2.50 online fee (paid with either Visa or Master credit or debit card) through the Commission on Teacher Credentialing’s secure website.
NOTE: Once CSUF has submitted your recommendation to CTC, you will have 90 days in which you will need to pay the CTC fee and allow CTC to process your application. If you do not pay within the allocated time period your application will be terminated.
CHECKING APPLICATION STATUS
You can check your application status through the Commission on Teacher Credentialing .
Please be advised that you will not receive a confirmation letter from California State University, Fullerton. Your credential document should be posted on the CTC website within 5-10 business days of payment submission. If you have any questions during the online application process please contact CTC .