Our region faces a rapid population growth in the needs of children, adults, and families served by an educational institution. The Doctorate in Educational Leadership prepares informed and reflective educational leaders, who ethically apply critical skills of evaluation, analysis, synthesis, and action to ensure excellence and equity in educational practices as they serve as stewards to the educational community. At Cal State Fullerton, our graduates have professionally contributed to the extensive body of knowledge in educational reform and leadership through their dissertation. Our practice-to-theory-practice dissertation approach allows graduates to demonstrate the ability to use strong research skills to develop and implement reform in educational settings.
The dissertation topics have included the following:
- English Learners and Closing the Achievement Gap
- Presidential Tenure in Community Colleges
- Leadership Practice
- Assessment and Data Driven Results
- Online Learning Communities and Technology
- Women in Leadership Roles
- Gender Equity
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) Implications
Based on the student's dissertation topic, there are a variety of methodologies students will use to conduct their research. Some common methodologies included, but are not limited to quantitative, qualitative and mixed-methods approach.
* Click here to view actual dissertations.