Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
We are thrilled that you are interested in applying to the PASC program here at CSU Fullerton. In order to be considered an applicant you must submit a completed application by the deadlines listed below. Below you will find a checklist of all of the supplemental material that needs to be submitted online through Cal State Apply.
COMPLETE AN APPLICATION ON CAL STATE APPLY
The first step is to create a Cal State Apply user name. Once you have done this you will be able to locate our program to begin the application process.
- Go to Cal State Apply create a free user account
- Add your Credential program to your dashboard
- There are four quadrants on Cal State Apply that you will need to complete.
- Once your application is complete you will submit your application and pay the $55 application fee.
It can take up to 5 business days to receive confirmation from CSU Fullerton that you application was received and be issued a CSU Fullerton CWID (campus wide ID).
Preliminary Administrative Service Credential Program
When in Cal State Apply you can locate our PASC program by following these steps:
- Type of Degree: Teaching Credential, including CalState Teach
- Campus: CSU Fullerton
- Delivery Format: Hybrid
- Location: Main Campus
- Start Term: Spring or Fall
- Program name: Services Credential - Preliminary Administrative Services
Click on the blue plus sign next to the program
Select "I am Done, Review My Selections" at the top of the page.
Prepare Program Supplemental Materials
- Verification of Teaching Experience Form
- Notice to District Superintendent Form
- Basic Skills Requirement (CBEST)
- Certificate of Clearance
- Teaching Certificate
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (sent electronically through Cal State Apply)
- CV or Resume
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- Writing Prompt: Below you will find the Personal Statement writing prompt. Your response to will be entered into a text box with in Quadrant four of the Cal State Apply application. The text box prompt has a 7500 character limit which is about 2-3 double spaced pages. Therefore, if you write your prompt in a word document please be mindful of the character limit so that you do not have to revise your response due to lack of character space.
- Personal Statement Prompt: A key element of our College’s mission is to prepare transformative professionals who advance just, equitable, and inclusive education in an increasingly global context. With this mission in mind, describe a problem of practice (in a P-12 setting), that you are currently facing or have previously faced that has highlighted educational inequities in the setting or broader social context. How did you address the problem or how are you currently addressing the problem? What has been your position and role in addressing this problem? What has been the impact of your contribution?
- Once you submit your Cal State Apply Application you will receive a CWID from CSU Fullerton. Once you receive this CWID number (not your CASID) you can then send official transcripts to Admission and Records. Please visit Admissions and Records "Sending College Transcripts to CSUF " for directions on how to properly submit official transcripts.
PASC Admission Deadlines
The Preliminary Administration Service Credential program admits two cohorts per year. One cohort in the fall term and an additional cohort in the spring term*.
The spring term cohort is based on demand.
The Cal State Apply application opens on August 1st for spring admits and October 1st for fall admits.
For Spring admission: For priority admission you must submit a completed application by October 1st. Thereafter, applications are considered on a rolling admission process until November 30th. Please note for Spring 2019 the rolling admission deadline is December 14, 2018.
For Fall admission: For priority admission you must submit a completed application by February 1st. Thereafter, applications are considered on a rolling admission process until May 31st.
- Students can expect to receive an email confirmation upon receipt of completed application within 3 business days.
- After the Priority admission deadline students should expect an admission decision within 4 weeks of application submission.