How to submit an application
1. Go to Cal State Apply and create an account.
2. Add the Higher Education program to your dashboard.
3. There are four quadrants that make up the application. Be sure that you fill out each section completely.
4. Submit your completed application by the admission deadline (February 1st).
5. Once your application is complete, submit it and pay the application fee.
6. Send in official transcripts from the institution where your bachelor's degree was earned.
Note: It can take up to five business days to recieve confirmation from CSU Fullerton that your application was recieved and to be issued your CWID (campus wide identification number).
How to find MSHE in Cal State Apply
There are a few ways to search for this program in Cal State Apply:
1. In the search bar, enter: Higher Education (select the one under "Fullerton Graduate")
2. In the search bar, enter: Fullerton. You will see a complete list of all CSUF programs (graduate and credential) open for fall admission.
3. Using the search filters, enter the following:
- Campus - CSU Fullerton
- Delivery - Face to Face
- Start term - Fall
Once you have located the correct program, click on the blue plus sign to the left of the name. Click "continue."
Review your selections. Be sure that you have selected the correct program at CSU Fullerton before you move forward.
Prepare Supplemental Materials for the Application
All supplemental materials must be uploaded/entered directly into the Cal State Apply application.
- Professional resume or CV
- Unofficial transcripts (from the bachelor degree granting institution)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (sent electronically via Cal State Apply)
- Three (3) writing prompt responses. See instructions and preview prompts here .
Admission Deadlines & timeline
Our MSHE program only admits one cohort per academic year and has a fall start. The application cycle opens in Cal State Apply on October 1st.
Program priority application deadline is February 1st.*
*Note: You may submit an application after the priority deadline, however, admission decisions will be prioritized for those who submit an application by the deadline stated above. If you submit an application after the priority deadline, you will be placed on a waitlist and your application will be processed if a space becomes available. If you have any questions regarding this process prior to submitting an application, please email our department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Completed applications will be reviewed by faculty a few days following the February 1st deadline. However, no admission decisions will be issued until after applicant interviews take place in late February/early March.
- Students can expect to receive an email confirmation upon receipt of completed application within 3 business days from Cal State Apply.
- CSUF Office of Admissions will send an email to applicants whose materials have been recieved.
- Students should expect an update from our department on their admission status by mid-March.
Due to the large amount of applications this program receives, please do not contact our office directly to inquire about your admission status.
Post-baccalaureate applicants (post-bacc certificates, credentials, master’s, doctoral) are required to provide transcripts from the institution in which their bachelor’s degree (and master’s degree, if applicable) was earned. Note that CSUF Admissions may request additional transcripts after an application is processed.
Sending official transcripts
Official transcripts must be sent directly to CSUF Office of Admissions.* See the Office of Admissions web page for instructions. Transcripts should be ordered before the application deadline. Our department is unable to provide final admission decisions until official documents are processed by the university.
*If you attended Cal State Fullerton within the last 5 to 7 years, you should not need to send CSUF transcripts as they may still be on file with the university.