Frequently Used Advising Resources

Following are documents Advisors will use during advising sessions. Feel free to refer to these resources as needed. Remember to check back frequently so you have the most up to date information.

Credential Programs Fact Sheet

Review the Credential Program Fact SheetPDF File Opens in new window  to learn more about requirements to apply to a credential program and to guide you as you complete your undergraduate degree.

Bilingual Authorization

The Bilingual Authorization (BiAu) Program within the College of Education at California State University, Fullerton (CSUF), prepares Multiple Subject, Single Subject and Education Specialist teacher candidates as well as teaching credential holders to teach in K-12 Spanish, Khmer, Korean, Mandarin, and/or Vietnamese bilingual and dual immersion classrooms. 

Bilingual Authorization BrochurePDF File

General Education Courses Recommended for Future Teachers 

Future teachers do not necessarily have to complete specific courses in General Education (GE). However, we recommend taking certain courses in GE to better prepare for the subject you want to teach. If you would like to learn more, please refer to our recommended GE courses below.

Recommended GE Courses for Future Elementary School Teachers (including Special Education)PDF File Opens in new window

Recommended GE Courses for Future Middle/High School Teachers (including Special Education)PDF File Opens in new window

Recommended GE Courses for Future Middle/High School Social Science Teachers (including Special Education)PDF File Opens in new window

Recommended Majors for Future Teachers

There is not a major that is required to become a teacher.  However, we do have some recommendations.

Recommended Majors for Future Elementary School TeachersPDF File  (including Special Education)

Recommended Majors for Future Middle/High School Teachers (including Special Education): major in the subject you plan to teach.

Urban Learning Major (cohorts begin in fall 2024 for first time Freshmen)

More information can be found on our Pathways to Teaching page.

Students who are undocumented, DACA recipients or international students

If you are a student who is undocumented (including AB 540 students), a DACA recipient or an international student you are eligible to complete a credential program and obtain a teaching credential in California. Please make an appointment with one of our advisors to learn more about your options and what you should know before starting a credential program. If you have questions about work authorization after completion of the credential program, please make an appointment with our partners, CARECEN, for free legal services. They can address immigration related issues including first time DACA applications, DACA renewal, and more.