Community College Certificate Program
We are thrilled that you are interested in applying to our Community College Certificate program here at CSU Fullerton. In order to be considered an applicant you must submit a completed application by the deadlines listed below. Below you will find a checklist of all of the supplemental material that needs to be submitted online through Cal State Apply.
Prior to completing your Cal State Apply application please contact our office at
657/278-4023 to determine if you are an eligible applicant.
Complete an Application on Cal State Apply
The first step is to create a Cal State Apply user name. Once you have done this you will be able to locate our certificate program to begin the application process.
- Go to Cal State Apply create a free user account
- Add your certificate program to your dashboard
- There are four quadrants on Cal State Apply that you will need to complete.
- Once your application is complete you will submit your application and pay the $55 application fee.
It can take up to 5 business days to receive confirmation from CSU Fullerton that you application was received and be issued a CSU Fullerton CWID (campus wide ID).
- Must have obtained a Master’s Degree in Education or a related field OR
- Completing a Master’s Degree in a discipline that would lead to professional employment in a Community College Setting OR
- Currently be enrolled in our M.S. in Higher Education (MSHE) – You will not need to complete an application. Contact your program advisor.
Locating Program on Cal State Apply
When in Cal State Apply you can locate our Certificate program by following this steps:
- Type of Degree: Post-baccalaureate Certificate
- Campus: CSU Fullerton
- Delivery Format: Face-to-Face
- Location: Main Campus
- Start Term: Spring
- Program name: Community College Studies Certificate
- Click on the blue plus sign next to the program
- Select "I am Done, Review My Selections" at the top of the page.
Prepare Program Supplemental Materials
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (sent electronically through Cal State Apply)
- CV or Resume
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- Once you submit your Cal State Apply Application you will receive a CWID from CSU Fullerton. Once you receive this CWID number (not your CASID) you can then send official transcripts to Admission and Records. Please visit Admissions and Records "Sending College Transcripts to CSUF " for directions on how to properly submit official transcripts.
The Community College Certificate program only admits applicants for the spring term.
The Cal State Apply application opens on August 1st and a complete application is due December 1st. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Students can expect to receive an email confirmation upon receipt of completed application within 3 business days.