Welcome Future Teachers!
information for Fall 2022 incoming STUDENTS (NEWLY ADMITTED)
Welcome to the Center for Careers in Teaching! We are the student success center for future teachers and are here to guide you as you explore your interests and develop your skills to become an educator. Follow the below steps to learn more about our services and connect with us:
- Watch the Center for Careers in Teaching Welcome Video
- Complete the Future Teachers Interest Form
- Follow us on Instagram: @csuf_cct | @csuf_tft | @mce_csuf
- Attend and complete all aspects of Orientation. We are excited that you are joining us at CSUF this fall and we are excited you are a future teacher! At this time we are not taking appointments with incoming students until all Orientation steps have been completed.
- Step 1 - Complete Orientation: http://www.fullerton.edu/orientation/. Orientation is a required component for all incoming students. The orientation to-do item in your student center will be removed within 48 hours after completion of the orientation modules.
- Step 2 - General Education - Watch the GE module to learn more about the GE coursework requirements for degree completion. There are GE requirements to be met for transfer and First Time Freshman .
- Step 3 - Major Advising and Course Registration - IMPORTANT: You are not behind with registration! To know what to register for, you must FIRST attend your major department orientation. We (the Center for Careers in Teaching) are not your major department. On the Orientation website, be sure to click on the college in which your major resides (Step 3) to obtain Major Advising information. Also, check your CSU email as your major department may have already emailed information about your major orientation. If you do not know which college your major resides, visit this website: http://www.fullerton.edu/academics/#colleges
- Step 4 - View Future Teacher Orientation - View our Transfer and Freshman Future Teacher orientations on our YouTube Channel.