Current Student Advisement
If you are a student already admitted to the Special Education Department at CSU Fullerton, please contact your program coordinator for specific advisement.
- Mild/Moderate- Dr. Leger-Rodriguez, email@example.com
- Moderate/Severe- Dr. Howell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Childhood- Dr. Myck-Wayne, email@example.com
- Professional Clear/Clear Education Specialist (Level II)- Dr. Melinda Pierson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intern Program- Dr. Melinda Pierson, email@example.com
- Masters Program- Dr. Jung, firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Plans: Click here to go to Credential Program Plans page
Applying for a Credential:
If you want to apply for a credential you may contact the Credential Preparation Center at (657) 278-3205.
Registering for Courses:
If you are having registration problems you may contact the Admissions and Records Registration Helpline at (657) 278-7601.
If a course requires you to have department consent, please email the instructor of the course and ask for their permission to obtain a permit to register for the specific course.
To withdrawal from a course contact the instructor and state your intention to withdraw first. Then pick up a REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL form from Admissions and Records. Fill out the form completely and honestly and hand it to your instructor to fill out at least one week before the deadline for withdrawal to maximize your chances of actually receiving a course withdrawal. The due date can be found by looking inside the semester class schedule or at the top of the withdrawal form. Once the form is completed by the instructor and yourself, the department chair must sign it and then it must be turned in by yourself to Admissions and Records.
Program Leave of Absence or Withdrawal:
To obtain a Leave of Absence, you must complete a Leave of Absence form located on the Graduate Studies website or in McCarthy Hall 103. If you do not submit a Leave of Absence form and choose not to enroll in classes, you will be dropped from the university and the department.
Please email Allie Clark at email@example.com if you have been admitted, but are unable to attend the credential program.
These resources are used at various points in the credential and graduate program.
- Professional Clear Program
(for candidates who have a Preliminary Education Specialist Credential who started our program in the Fall of 2010 or later)
- Special Education Orientations
- Education Specialist Credential Programs – Level I
- Education Specialist Credential Programs – Level II
- Level II Program Flyer (PDF)
- Master of Science in Education Graduate Program