Complete the Graduate Student Application available on-line at http://www.csumentor.edu.
Indicate your interest in the MS, the certificate, and/or the credential as appropriate for your case. Pay the application fee online by credit card or e-check. Please have an official set of transcripts from each college (including Community Colleges and other graduate work) you have attended mailed to: California State University, Fullerton; Admissions and Records, LH 111; PO Box 6900; Fullerton, CA 92834-6900. Keep in mind that this can take as little as three weeks or much longer. Request transcripts from all institutions listed on your application and also send official community college transcripts if these transfer units are listed on your transcripts from the university where you earned your undergraduate degree. You do not need to request transcripts from CSUF. They are part of your permanent record. But if you transferred to CSUF or earned your credential elsewhere you will need to request those transcripts.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or GPA of 3.0 in last 60 units
- Good standing at the last college attended
- Approved undergraduate major
- California Single Subject or Multiple Subject teaching credential. (by completion of the program – Specialist Credential only*)
- Successful teaching experience at elementary, secondary or college levels, or other approved experience (by completion of the program – Specialist Credential only*)
Here are specific instructions for the online application process:
- Go to http://www.csumentor.com/AdmissionApp/
- Click on Graduate Admission Application
- Select Fall 2013
- Create an account
- Click on apply online after account has been created
- On the Graduate Application screen select CSU Fullerton Graduate.
- Then select start new application.
- Read the directions and select Begin Application for CSU Fullerton Graduate at the bottom of the page.
- You will be applying for:
- Fall 2013
- Fullerton campus or Irvine campus
- Education (Reading)
- Education (Reading) Online
- Degree Objective: MS
- Applicant already holds another credential
- California Reading Certificate, abbreviated name to the California Reading Certificate (Added Authorization) (select this option even if you are going to earn the Specialist Credential too)
- Admitted? No
- Fill out the screens requesting personal information
- On the screen requesting Test Information, simply select “next.” None of the tests listed are required for the Reading Program.
- Complete the remaining screens, including the brief essay.
- Submit the application and pay the application fee.
The Help Line for CSU Mentor 1-800-468-6927