1. Where should I mail my application materials?

All supplemental application materials should be mailed to:
California State University, Fullerton
Educational Leadership, CP 520
PO BOX 6868
Fullerton, CA 92834-6868

2. What about my transcripts. Do I need to request them even if I only took one class?

Yes.  You need to request official transcripts right away from institutions other than CSUF and have them sent to CSUF, Admissions & Records, P.O. Box 6900, Fullerton, CA 92834. It is imperative that Admissions and Records receive your official transcripts without delay. They cannot admit you unless they have your official transcripts.

*If your transcripts don’t have Spring 2017 schedule and Fall 2016 completed grades, please submit what you have and send the final transcripts at a later date.

3. Do I need to take the GRE?

No. There are no examinations required for admission to the MS Higher Education Program.

4. What is the GPA requirement?

The College of Education requires a minimum GPA of 2.5 on the last 60 semester (90 quarter) credits.

5. What if my undergraduate GPA was low? Will I have a chance to be admitted?

The admission committee uses a holistic evaluation process. Each applicant’s documents are carefully considered. Special action is required if an applicant’s GPA is below 2.5 in the last 60 credits. Thus, the committee looks for outstanding letters of recommendation, previous experience in the field, and written statements of exceptional quality.

6. Are there any prerequisites or courses I can transfer in to this program?

There are no prerequisites for MS Higher Education. Students are admitted in a cohort each fall and take their courses together throughout the program to enhance the learning experience. Occasionally applicants may have completed a student development course from another institution. A faculty advisor can assist applicants in determining if prior coursework is eligible for transfer.

7. Are there any assistantships?

Yes. Students have the opportunity to serve as graduate assistants while enrolled in the Master’s program.

8. What time of day are the classes? Can I work while doing this program?

Classes are designed for working professionals and are offered in the evening. Typically classes do not begin prior to 4 p.m.

9. May I schedule an appointment to speak with a faculty member?

Yes. We welcome inquiries about the MS Higher Education program. Please contact Dr. Rebecca Gutierrez Keeton (rgkeeton@fullerton.edu) or 657-278-4542. We also encourage you to submit our online Interest Form.

10. Do you have any information sessions?

Yes. Please check main page for dates and times.

11. When is the deadline to apply?

To receive full consideration for Fall 2017 admission, completed applications must be received by the Educational Leadership Department by 5:00 p.m. PST on February 1st 2017. Please consult the application materials for details.

Our physical address:

Educational Leadership Department, CP 520

2600 Nutwood Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92834

12. Cal State Apply asks for a brief statement describing my reason of applying but your program requires a statement of purpose.  What do I write?

Please write that you will sending this directly to the department.

13. Are the supplemental material responses one page double-spaced or single-spaced? 


14. Is the resume required to be one page or can it be longer if there is relevant experience on it? 

Longer would be fine.

15. The application states that all of the material must be included in the application, including Employer Agreement Form. What is it? And if I currently do not work, can I leave the form out?

The Employer Agreement Form is a reference for your employer letting them know that you will be working at the time the program begins. If you are sure you will not be working if accepted, we recommend you still submit the form and put N/A on the spaces OR submit the form with your current employer and on a separate sheet make a note that you will not be employed at the start of the program so your file will be complete.

Under other circumstance (e.g. If you work part time but expect to leave the position soon), please make note of the situation on the form and turn it in. THEN, submit a new form if a job is obtained before classes begin.

16. What is the estimated total cost for the program?
Approximately $2500 per semester, including summer.

17. Is a Fee Waiver available for the program application?
As a student, you will have to request the fee waiver through the CSUMentor system.  The campus and the department do not approve this.

18. If I am not employed or will not be employed if accepted into the program should I still submit an Employer Agreement Form?
If you are not employed, or will not be employed, you will still need to submit the form with an N/A on it.  If their is a possibility that you will continue at the site of employment, you should still get the form signed as a precaution.



Share This Page:

Page updated: June 7, 2017