NEW FROM CSUF’s DEPARTMENT OF SECONDARY EDUCATION!
- We are currently accepting candidates in Social Studies, Foundation Level Math, Science and World Languages.
- Candidates must meet the admissions requirements for the Single Subject Credential Program and the Master’s in Secondary Education Program. There is also a specialized interview for the combined program.
- This is an intensive, year-round program.
- Candidates will take courses as part of a cohort, earn their credential at the end of the Spring 2019 semester.
- Candidates can teach full time while finishing their Master’s degree in Fall 2019.
- Summer 2018: EDSC 501, 504 & 506 (7 units, hybrid)
- Fall 2018: EDSC 410, 440F, 440S, 442, 449E & 524 (18 units, face-to-face & online; 250 hours of fieldwork)
- Intersession 2019: EDSC 535 (3 units)
- Spring 2019: EDSC 449I, 449S, 460 & 591 (19 units, face- to-face & online; 350 hours of field work)
- Summer 2019: EDSC 522 & 599 (6 units; online)
- Fall 2019: EDSC 536 & 594 (6 units; online).
Applications are due February 15, 2018. Classes start Summer 2018.
- Earn your Single Subject Credential to teach in grades 6-12
- Analyze curriculum, pedagogy, and policy in diverse local and global communities
- Build relationships with K-12 teachers, students & communities
- Optional study abroad experience in Summer 2019 (scholarships available!)
- Take classes face-to-face, online, and onsite in partner schools
- Year-round program allows you to complete your credential and Master’s degree in just 18 months