The Department of Secondary Education offers the following options for our Credential programs:
- Foundational Level Mathematics
- Foundational Level General Science
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- World Languages (including English Language Development)
- Program Overview - To learn about the program structure and application requirements, please attend a program overview.
- Single Subject Intern - The Intern Program is designed for teacher candidates who wish to complete credential requirements while concurrently teaching in a secondary education position in a public school setting.
- Bilingual Authorization - There is a great need for bilingual teachers who can communicate with students and parents in their native language. The Bilingual Authorization (BiAu) Program within the College of Education at CSUF prepares teacher candidates to teach in K-12 Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, Filipino, Hmong, and/or Vietnamese bilingual and dual immersion classrooms. For more information, please contact our Bilingual Authorization Coordinator, Dr. Fernando Rodriguez-Valls at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Teacher Induction Program
For more information, please contact Dr. Sangeetha Carmona at email@example.com.
NOTICE TO STUDENTS re: PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
California State University programs for professions that require licensure or certification are intended to prepare the student to meet California licensure and certification requirements. Admission into programs for professions that require licensure and certification does not guarantee that students will obtain a license or certificate. Licensure and certification requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with the California State University and licensure and certification requirements can change at any time.
The California State University has not determined whether its programs meet other states’ educational or professional requirements for licensure and certification. Students enrolled in a California State University program who are planning to pursue licensure or certification in other states are responsible for determining whether they will meet their state’s requirements for licensure or certification. This disclosure is made pursuant to 34 CFR §668.43(a)(5)(v)(C).