Focuses on the systematic design of instructional courseware, including analysis, media selection, design, development, and evaluation. Topics include learning principles, learner characteristics, instructional strategies, screen design, response analysis, feedback, and interactivity.
Course objectives include:
- The ability to recognize and evaluate applications appropriate for designated learners.
- The identification of appropriate applications for interactive courseware.
- The specification and evaluation of appropriate use of media in interactive courseware.
- The development of storyboards and flowcharts for an interactive lesson.
- The design and development of a prototype.