News Details
News Details

FEATURED MSIDT ALUMNUS Mr. Mike Ryu, M.S.

Mike Ryu

Mr. Mike Ryu, M.S., graduated in May, 2016 from the MSIDT program. Mike recently landed his dream job! He is an Instructional Designer at the USC Marshall School of Business. Not only did Mike obtain the skills he needed from the MSIDT program, but he also became more confident and knowledgeable. Mike states, “There were many benefits after the completing my MSIDT degree.  I became more confident when I applied for jobs and went on interviews. I developed the skills and knowledge needed to be a successful instructional designer, and I am supported by a great network of fellow MSIDT alumni.”The MSIDT program gave Mike Ryu a great foundation to pursue his long term career goals. Real work experience opened many doors for Mike. Mike worked as freelance instructional designer for various non-profits in Orange County while completing his degree. One of Mike’s references is Christa Seiwert from Emergency Operations Manager at OneOC. She writes, “Mike is very detail-oriented and works well in teams. He created an orientation tutorial for our Disaster Response Program that will help propel our program to where it needs to be and save the volunteer managers time! The most amazing thing about him was that he went out of his way to learn about our program so he was sure to get the tutorial right! I highly recommend Mike Ryu for any instructional designing project!”

One of the great things about the MSIDT program is many learning theories and instructional strategies are taught in each course and students get to actually practice and produce materials. Mike told us that even though he is just starting his new position at USC, he is already applying much of what he learned from the MSIDT coursework. This is Mike’s first time working in the higher education sector. Mike is confident and fully prepared to start designing full courses for the online MBA program. Mike has a gift of seeing the big picture, and it serves him well.  Mike Ryu was able to quickly understand the vision of the senior instructional designers on the online learning team!

The MSIDT coursework provided Mike with the knowledge, skills and abilities to complete a variety projects. Mike created projects with Adobe Captivate which helped him start as a freelancing instructional designer. Mike posted his projects on his portfolio website www.mrportfolio.me which helped him secure work with local non-profit organizations.

An important aspect of the MSIDT program is the vibrant alumni association. Mike is connected with the MSIDT Alumni Association.  Mike states, “I have received suggestions and tips for preparing for interviews.  Getting insight from fellow alumni in the higher education sector was a great way to prepare for interviews.”

We always ask our alumni if they would recommend the MSIDT program to other prospective students. Mike replied with a big, “Yes!”  “I would recommend the MSIDT program to other prospective students.  The senior instructional designers that I work with at USC were familiar with the CSUF’s MSIDT program and I feel that the program provided me with a strong foundation to helped me succeed in landing my dream job.”

Thank you for taking the time to learn about Mike Ryu’s accomplishments!

We are proud of our alumni and their success stories. If you are interested in earning a Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology, please contact us at: msidt@fullerton.edu

Written by, Lora B. Pezzell, MSIDT, Cohort 14.

Share This Page: