Foundational Level Mathematics (FLM) Teacher Credential Program
This program aims to prepare middle school and early high school teachers of mathematics. Unlike most credential programs, at CSUF the FLM credential is a stand-alone program separate from the Mathematics credential program. This has allowed us to create a strong focus on preparing teachers of middle school mathematics with a particular emphasis on teaching pre-algebra and algebra. Our program completers have developed the perspectives and skills needed to plan and implement lessons that engage learners in making sense of foundational concepts and skills and preparing them for the advanced coursework that follows. The FLM program at CSU Fullerton is recognized as a national model for middle school mathematics teacher preparation. Read through the resources below for details. For more information, contact the FLM program coordinator, Dr. Mallika Scott.
- What is the Foundational Level Mathematics Credential Program?
- Single Subject Credential Program information sheet
- How to Apply to the Single Subject Credential Program at CSUF
- Liberal Studies Pathway (study plan)
- Becoming a Teacher of Mathematics video
- Teacher Recruitment Project (TRP) Foundational Level Mathematics (for multiple subject teachers who want to add Math authorization)