PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
- CSUF Reading Resource Site - provides a guide of apps and websites that encourage reading and literacy skill development through play. Games are arranged by specific skills: comprehension, fluency, vocabulary, etc. The site includes information in English and Spanish.
- Choices Reading Lists - This site provides lists of great books compiled by children and teachers. The lists are published annually by the International Literacy Association.
- Books for Kids Who Think They Don't Like to Read ~ Bookity Split - Top Posts. Books for Kids Who Think They Don’t Like to Read What’s Next After Magic Tree House? How to Make Whole Family Read-Alouds Work PLUS 15 Books Your Whole Family Will Love!
- Books for Smart, Confident, and Courageous Girls | A Mighty Girl - A Mighty Girl's book section features over 3,000 girl-empowering books starring stellar Mighty Girl characters. With over 200 book categories to explore, the best way to discover what this section has to offer is by browsing the detailed book menu -- just mouse over the 'Books' button on the menu bar above.
- Parent Tips is a two page flyer that outlines steps parents and caregivers can take for supporting children's reading and literacy development.
This section includes handbooks created for teachers. Many were created as part of the requirements for completion of the MS degree in Literacy and Reading Education. This section also includes links to professional organization resources for Literacy Specialists.
- Family Literacy Handbook by Heather Wilson
- Supporting English Language Learners Handbook by Monica Roberts