M.S. in Special Education
Start your admission process at Cal State Apply. Visit the University's page for more general instructions on what what you will need to complete your application. You may also visit the different programs' admissions pages for more detailed information.
Please review the following for our document requirements
- University Application through Cal State Apply website. Please visit CSU Fullerton's Admissions & Records for more information
- Transcripts for ALL colleges and universities attended
- Official, sealed transcripts to Office of Admissions from ALL community colleges and universities you have attended. (Required for new and returning CSUF students). You can visit the Office of Admissions website for more information on how to submit transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Upload Official transcripts from your Last 60 Units to the Cal State Apply application. If you have previously attended CSUF, you will also need to upload official CSUF transcripts to the Cal State Apply application. Transcripts should be mailed or emailed to the student, then uploaded to the Cal State Apply application.
- (3) Confidential University Faculty Recommendations, using our template
- Upload Certificate of Clearance (2 parts) - Live Scan and Online Application OR a Valid Teaching Credential to the Cal State Apply application.
- 3.0 GPA in the last 60 units. The application review process allows us to consider experiences, attributes and other academic metrics as well as the value an applicant would contribute to learning and teaching. If you do not currently meet the minimum GPA requirements, we still encourage you to submit an application.
For additional questions about the application process, please refer to the SPED Master’s Checklist .
For program questions you can contact the graduate advisor, Dr. Adrian Jung.
Masters Enrollment Fee
All Graduate students who intend to enroll at CSU Fullerton must accept their offer of admission and pay a non-refundable $250 enrollment deposit. The deposit will offset a portion of your Registration Fees for the first semester. This is NOT an additional fee. Once paid, this deposit will reduce the cost of your fall tuition by $250.
You must accept admission and pay your enrollment deposit through your Student Portal, within the Student Center. Under the Admissions area of the Student Center, click on the Application Status link. The Accept/Decline button will be displayed. Click on the Accept/Decline button to accept your admission to CSU Fullerton. Accepting admission and paying the enrollment deposit are required to confirm your intent to enroll at CSU Fullerton.
Our College-wide deadline for final payment of the $250 enrollment deposit is January 8th.
Students with financial aid will have the enrollment deposit waived until financial aid is awarded.
The Master’s Program application deadline for the Fall semester is March 1st and October 1st for the Spring semester.
Admission to Teacher Education Department
College Park Suite 570
Special Education Admissions Assistant - (657) 278 4196
Office Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
California State University, Fullerton
2600 East Nutwood Avenue Fullerton CA 92831
Attn: Special Education Admissions Assistant
California State University Fullerton
Admission to Teacher Education - CP-570
P.O. Box 6868
Fullerton, California 92834-6868
If you are an International Student, please be sure to seek advisement from International Student Services. International Student Services provides advising to international students on F or J status on immigration, personal, social and cultural matters.