Reading & Literacy Added Authorization
*The hybrid program is a blended program where 50% of the assignments and discussions are online. The hybrid cohort meets once a week on Mondays from 4:30-7:30pm. This program is highly recommended for students who are not fully comfortable with the 100% online format. Space is limited.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 cumulative or last 60 semester units (applicants with a GPA between 2.5 and 3.0 may be conditionally admitted). The application review process allows us to consider experiences, attributes and other academic metrics as well as the value an applicant would contribute to learning and teaching. If you do not currently meet the minimum GPA requirements, we still encourage you to submit an application.
- Good standing at the last college attended
- Approved undergraduate major
- California Single Subject, Multiple Subject or Special Education teaching credential
- 3 years of successful teaching experience at elementary and secondary levels, or other approved experience
- Possess an English Learner Authorization
- College of Education offered Ethnic Studies online seminar required before enrolling in the first semester.
If you are an International Student, please be sure to seek advisement from International Student Services. International Student Services provides advising to international students on F or J status on immigration, personal, social and cultural matters.