M.S. in Education with a Concentration in Special Education
Start your admission process at Cal State Apply . Visit the University's page for more general instructions on what what you will need to complete your application. You may also visit the different programs' admissions pages for more detailed information. You can also view an overview of the program .
Please review the following for our document requirements
- University Application or Visit CSU Fullerton's Admissions & Records for more information
- Submit Department of Special Education application
- Transcripts for ALL colleges and universities attended
- Official, sealed transcripts to Admissions and Records from ALL community colleges and universities you have attended. (ONLY Required for students new to CSUF).
- Official transcripts from your last 60 units for the program application ( including current or former CSUF students).
- 3 confidential university faculty recommendations, using our template
- Certificate of Clearance (2 parts)
- 3.0 GPA in the last 60 units
For additional questions about the application process, please refer to the SPED Master’s Checklist .
For program questions you can contact the graduate advisor, Dr. Adrian Jung.
Masters Enrollment Fee
All Graduate students who intend to enroll at CSU Fullerton must accept their offer of admission and pay a non-refundable $250 enrollment deposit. The deposit will offset a portion of your Registration Fees for the first semester. This is NOT an additional fee. Once paid, this deposit will reduce the cost of your fall tuition by $250.
You must accept admission and pay your enrollment deposit through your Student Portal, within the Student Center. Under the Admissions area of the Student Center, click on the Application Status link. The Accept/Decline button will be displayed. Click on the Accept/Decline button to accept your admission to CSU Fullerton. Accepting admission and paying the enrollment deposit are required to confirm your intent to enroll at CSU Fullerton.
Our College-wide deadline for final payment of the $250 enrollment deposit is January 8th.
Students with financial aid will have the enrollment deposit waived until financial aid is awarded.
The Master’s Program application deadline for the fall semester is March 15th and October 15th for the Spring semester.
Please submit application items to the Special Education Admissions Assistant in CP540:
Admission to Teacher Education Department
College Park Suite 540
Special Education Admissions Assistant - (657) 278 4196
Office Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
California State University, Fullerton
2600 East Nutwood Avenue Fullerton CA 92831
Attn: Special Education Admissions Assistant
California State University Fullerton
Admission to Teacher Education - CP540
P.O. Box 6868
Fullerton, California 92834-6868