- Dr. Debra Patterson, Associate Professor, Department of Kinesiology, 714-278-8337, KHS231
- Dr. Clay Sherman, Associate Professor, Department of Kinesiology, 714-278-4386, KHS252
Scope of Credential (What will I be able to teach when I earn the credential?)
The Single Subject Teaching Credential in physical education authorizes an individual to teach physical education classes in departmentalized settings. The holders of this credential may teach at any grade level, but the great majority of physical education classes occur in grades seven through twelve. Courses include comprehensive and specialized physical education courses.
Subject Matter Preparation Program
You may establish Subject Matter Competency through successful completion of the Subject Matter Preparation Program in Physical Education.
California Subject Examinations for Teachers
You may establish Subject Matter Competency through successful passage of Content Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSETs). Three subtests are required:
- #129 Subtest I Physical Education: Growth, Motor Development, and Motor Learning, The Science of Human Movement
- #130 Subtest II Physical Education: The Sociology and Psychology of Human Movement, Movement Concepts and Forms, Assessment and Evaluation Principles
- #131 Subtest III Physical Education: Professional Foundations, Integration of Concepts
- College of Health and Human Development
- Department of Kinesiology
- Single Subject Credential Program
- California K-12 Physical Education
- Professional Organizations