- Dr. Dennis Siebenaler, Assistant Professor, Department of Music, 714-278-3510, PA 243
- Dr. Marc Dickey, Professor, Department of Music, 714-278-3513, PA 220A
Scope of Credential (What will I be able to teach when I earn the credential?)
The Single Subject Teaching Credential in music authorizes an individual to teach music in departmentalized classrooms. The holders of this credential may teach at any grade level, but the great majority of music classes occur in grades seven through twelve. Classes include band, chorus or instrumental music, orchestra, general/exploratory music, jazz band, music appreciation/history/literature, chamber/madrigal/vocal ensemble, stage band, vocal jazz/jazz choir, and swing/show choir.
Subject Matter Preparation Program
You may establish Subject Matter Competency through successful completion of the Subject Matter Preparation Program in Music.
- Music – Instrumental Track
- Music – Vocal Track
California Subject Examinations for Teachers
You may establish Subject Matter Competency through successful passage of the following Content Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSETs)
- #136 Subtest I Music: Artistic Perception, Historical and Cultural Foundations, Aesthetic Valuing
- #137 Subtest II Music: Creative Expression, Connections, Relationships, and Applications
- #138 Subtest III Music: Music Methodology and Repertoire
- College of the Arts
- Department of Music
- Catalog Information (Music Education): Click on Music Education Concentration.
- Single Subject Credential Program
- CA K-12 Visual and Performing Arts Content Standards
- Professional Organizations