- CSUF is the only university teacher preparation institution in Orange County that is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). NCATE is the most prestigious accrediting body in the nation. CSUF was reaccredited in the fall of 2008.
- CSUF prepares teachers for multiple subject/elementary credentials, single subject/secondary credentials, special education credentials, reading specialist credentials, and educational administration credentials. CSUF provides the most comprehensive array of credentials and degrees in the area.
- All the credential programs are field based. Students are able to apply theory to practice in classroom settings.
- Cohorts of students study and work together under the direction and supervision of a team of university and K-12 faculty
- CSUF offers internships in the credential programs.
- CSUF offers Masters Degrees in Education with specializations in Bilingual/Bicultural Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology, Reading, Educational Administration, Secondary Education, Special Education and Instructional Design & Technology.
- CSUF offers Masters Degrees that integrate the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Our faculty are constantly involved in neighboring schools, helping teachers and conducting research. The faculty publishes numerous articles and obtains millions of dollars in annually funded grants. They are well known locally, nationally, regionally, and internationally.
- CSUF offers two Ed,D programs. One in Pre-K-12 Educational Leadership and one in Community College Educational Leadership.
Page updated: August 8, 2014