The purpose of this professional graduate certificate program is to support the preparation of entry level professionals and career changers to assume roles that support student learning and development, both in and outside of the classroom at the community college.
Certificate recipients will be better equipped to negotiate the multiple missions and functions of the community college and the diversity of learners served. Mentorship and networking are valuable aspects of this program. Courses are taught by community college/higher education leaders.
Visit our courses page for a breakdown of the required coursework. Please click here to visit our Courses page.
For more information contact the Educational Leadership Department at 657-278-4023, or you may contact Dr. Ding-Jo Currie, email@example.com | 657-278-8036
The Community College Certificate program is for professionals:
- with a Master’s Degree in Education or a related field OR
- completing a Master’s Degree in a discipline that would lead to professional employment in a Community College setting.
Not currently attending CSU, Fullerton
- If you would like to apply for the Community College Certificate program you will need to apply to the university at calstate.edu/apply.
- Upon completion of the university application, please turn in all university and college transcripts to the Office of Admission and Records (LH 114)
Must send official transcripts to CSUF A&R
Admissions and Records
P.O. Box 6900
Fullerton, CA 92834-6900
- Along with the university application, the Educational Leadership Department requires additional supplemental application materials available on our Apply Now page.
Must send unofficial transcripts and Supplemental material to
Educational Leadership Department
P.O. Box 6868
Fullerton, CA 92834-6868
For current students attending CSU, Fullerton
- If you are taking a classes and want to add the certificate program, please stop by the Admission and Records Department and complete a change of objective form.
- If you want to take EDAD 520 Introduction to Community College, but do not want to pursue the certificate, contact our office at (657) 278-4023, a permit to enroll in the class will be issued.