- Resource Specialist AA Application – Recommendation from CSUF for this authorization requires successful completion of SPED 496, 529, 532 and 533 while holding a valid Basic and Special Education prerequisite credentials.
- CSUF Processing Fee – A $25.00 personal check, cashier’s check or money order made payable to CSUF.
- Verification of Experience – All experience must be verified by superintendent, assistant superintendent, director of personnel, or director of human resources of employing district on official letterhead. Options for verifying experience include (note – official transcripts required if using student teaching option):
- 1 year of regular classroom teaching + 2 years of special education teaching
- 1 year of special education teaching + 2 years of regular classroom teaching
- 2 ½ years of regular classroom teaching experience + 1 semester or 2 quarters of full time special education classroom teaching or student teaching.
- 2 ½ years of special education classroom teaching experience + 1 semester or 2 quarters of full-time regular classroom teaching or student teaching.
- 2 years of regular classroom teaching experience + 2 semesters or 3 quarters of full time special education classroom teaching or student teaching.
- 2 years of special education classroom teaching experience + 2 semesters or 3 quarters of full-time regular classroom teaching or student teaching.
Mail or Deliver Application, $25.00 processing fee and other applicable documents listed above to the following address:
CSUF Credential Preparation Center
2600 East Nutwood Avenue, Suite 540,
Fullerton, CA 92831
Processing Timeline: CTC will email you further instructions once CSUF has submitted your electronic recommendation. You will need a valid email account and have either a credit card or debit card to pay the online application fee. CTC Processing Fee – not payable at this time. CTC charges a $100.00 application fee plus an additional $2.50 online fee. Upon electronic submittal by the Credential Preparation Center, you will receive an email from CTC instructing you to complete the credential application online and submit your CTC fee. Please make sure your CTC profile reflects your current email address.
NOTE: Once CSUF has submitted your recommendation to CTC, you will have 90 days in which you will need to pay the CTC fee and allow CTC to process your application. If you do not pay within the allocated time period your application will be terminated.